Wednesday, February 11, 2015

First Interviews with Friends of the Park Family

I owe many people a big hug for helping me with this process.  I called upon my Van Buren friends from my high school days to see what they remembered about growing up with Sam Hugh and Linda Park.  I met at the Van Buren Library with Joyce Patton, Nancy Baker, and P. D. DuVall.  Each told what they remembered.  I showed them the information I had already gathered, and we discussed my growing file in which  their information would be added.

Next I met with Rusty and Linda Myers in their lovely home on North 8th Circle in Van Buren.  We sat together a total of four different times, and it was through them that I obtained my most valuable item: the scrapbook.  It was found in a home in Van Buren that was scheduled to be torn down.  Rusty was contacted by the person who found it and it had been in Rusty's closet for a long time.  He gave it to me, and I took it home.  I spent days going through each page.  There were many, many pages devoted to Sam Hugh.  The first picture of Linda was entered with no fanfare at all.  It was just a picture of Linda at age seven standing in the snow with he father, Hugh Park.  All the pictures had captions written by Ruie Ann Park in white ink that was written on the black construction type paper that compiled the scrapbook.

Kay Kincheloe Lynn was a good friend of Sam Hugh Park and she graduated with Linda in the class of 1959 from Van Buren High School.  Kay is a writer also, and she actually wrote down in her own words some of the scenes I used in the book.  She also is responsible for the title of my book, Blind Rage.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment